My family is a bunch of geeky peoples. We love gaming, TV shows, movies, comics, and all things tech, so going to Wizard World Comic-Con when it came to Cleveland, OH was an absolute MUST!
We love hanging out in Cleveland and exploring so this event was right up our ally!
My love for all shows related to the supernatural is crazy. Like borderline obsessive, type crazy. I have bought or have made shirts for a lot of my shows or fandoms. I have magnets, phrases, and a whole bunch of other fun stuff all around my office & home.
Of COURSE, I love Supernatural, Charmed, Dr. Who, The Originals, The Vampire Diaries, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Lucifer, Salem, and SOOO many others. And as much as I regret to admit it, I kinda am digging The Mandalorian. (Shhh don't you DARE tell my husband!)
The Time My Family Went to Wizard World Comic-Con
We went to Wizard World Comic-Con for the first time in 2018 and it literally blew my mind! One, it was my first ever Comic Convention so there was that. Two, it was freakin' awesome. So many of my favorites all over the place it was sensory overload in like hyperspeed.
I was totally geekin' out!
I saw cosplayers dressed up like Captian Kangaroo (for you 36+yr olds, you know that awesome guy), Carmen San Diego, Where's Waldo and TONS of others. I didn't take enough photos because we were more consumed with the awesome.
While you're at Wizard World Comic-Con, you get to not only enjoy all of the cosplays, you can check out artist booths, meet & greets with your favorite characters & actors, and also watch crazy awesome demonstrations.
When we first arrived, we walked into the Cleveland Convention center and they were having a light-saber battle. It was fantastic. It was like fencing, but with light-sabers.
We got to see replica set props from Movie & TV shows.
My favorite was seeing Baby From Supernatural. My husband's favorite was seeing Chewy from Star Wars. He even did the Lil' “call” and had a moment with Chewy.
There are tons of artists, vendors, and much more. There is something for every single member of your family. You'll see kids of all ages from newborns to 100yr olds dressed to impress in cosplay.
It's fantastic & freakin' awesome!
The sixth annual Wizard World Comic-Con Cleveland will feature an outstanding array of programming, live entertainment, cosplay contests, gaming, dedicated Kids Zone and more. Kato Kaelin serves as an entertainment host on the main show stage.
Here are Pieces from latest Press Release for this year's Cleveland Wizard World Comic-Con:
CLEVELAND, February 11, 2020 – Pour out a bowl of your favorite cereal and fire up your favorite Saturday morning cartoons, because it will be a true “Animation Celebration” when Wizard World Cleveland debuts its “Animation Celebration,” featuring creators and voice actors from some of the most iconic animated films and TV shows in history, March 6-8 at Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. The weekend will feature appearances by the superstars as well as hands-on drawing and voice acting workshops, screenings and cereal breakfast with the animators and more.
The third event scheduled on the 2020 Wizard World calendar, Cleveland show hours are:
- Friday, March 6, 4-9 p.m.
- Saturday, March 7, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 8, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Cleveland is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2020 Wizard World Cleveland & to buy tickets click here.
Who's going to show up to the 2020 Wizard World Comic-Con in Cleveland?
- “Outlander” (Caitriona Balfe, Richard Rankin, Colin McFarlane, Duncan Lacroix)
- “Teen Wolf” (Tyler Hoechlin, Khylin Rhambo, Ian Bowen, Dylan Sprayberry)
- “The Princess Bride” standouts (Cary Elwes, Wallace Shawn)
- Video game “Overwatch” voice actors (Anjali Bhimani, Benz Antoine, Carolina Ravassa, Chloe Hollings)
Also scheduled to appear:
- “Supergirl” tandem
- Mehcad Brooks
- Jesse Rath
- Lou Ferrigno (“The Incredible Hulk,” “The King of Queens”)
- Voice actors
- Phil LaMarr (“Futurama,” “Samurai Jack”)
- Austin Tindle (“My Hero Academia,” “Dragonball Z”)
- Kyle Phillips (“My Hero Academia,” “The Silver Guardian”)
- Aaron Roberts (“My Hero Academia,” “ Dragon Ball Super.”
Additional celebrities may be added closer to the event start date.
Wizard World is also the home of the most talented artists and writers on the planet.
Artist Alley in Cleveland will feature an “Animations Celebration” of standout creators including:
- Jim Steranko (“Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Captain America”)
- Barbara Kaalberg (“Barbie,” “Wonder Woman”)
- Mike Watson (Freestyle Komics)
- Tone Rodriguez (“The Simpsons,” “Dexter”)
- Dan Gorman (“Mississippi Zombie,” Marvel, DC trading cards)
- Jeff Pidgeon (“Ferngully,” “Taz-Mania”)
- Bill Morrison (“Futurama,” “The Little Mermaid”)
- Kurt Lehner (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Gargoyles”)
- Greg Peters (“Dilbert,” “Animaniacs”)
- Phil Ortiz (“The Simpsons,” “Tiny Toon Adventures”)
- Jonathan Hallett (“The Aquabots Super Show!”)
- Joe Wos (“Mazetoons,” “Charlie the Tuna”)
- Marty Gitlin (co-author, An Animation Celebration: The Top 100 Animated TV Characters)
- Tom Cook (“He-Man,” “Superfriends”) and more.