While getting ready for summer time fun with my youngest sons friends coming in and out of the house, I like to have snacks for them. When we lived in the apartment, we really didn't have the space for any extra stuff, so now that we have the room, I'm making all of the things that the kids can just grab and go.
I've always liked being that mom who has all of the kids over at the house hanging out
I like hearing them playing in the yard, shooting hoops, etc. My husband on the other hand is the “kids need to be outside and away from the house” type of guy. He likes to work in his barn without hearing the basketball bouncing against the walls and doesn't want to have to walk around bikes. We joke that he's going to be the old man sitting on the front porch yelling at all of the kids who just so much as walk past the house, while I'm going to be that “gramma” who gives the kids candies or cookies.
Anyway, one snack I love making for the kids are Ice Cream Sandwiches.
And they are super easy to make using Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chunk cookies. You know, the big chunky delicious chocolate chip cookies that are so soft and mmmmm yummy. Yeah, those!
Did you know that the Chocolate Chunk Cookie are made with molasses and dark chocolate from Barry Callebaut? That means it's the good stuff!
What I love about Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chunk Cookie's are that they are so yummy and don't have the additional yucky stuffy that some other cookies add. They have the full flavor of chocolate chunk cookies from the ingredients they use.
I've made a bunch ahead of time for Easter Dinner this year since we're hosting.
I'm sure my nephews & nieces will just love them.
They would also be great for birthday parties, Mother's or Father's Day, cookouts or just to have in the freezer for the kids to grab whenever.
Super Simple & Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Combine sprinkles in a shaker or cup
- Cut the Cookies in half using a bench scrapper (if you use a bench scrapper, it's a clean straight cut)
- Keep the cookies in the pairs and set aside.
- As you add the ice cream onto 1/2 of the cut cookie using a medium sized ice cream scoop, spread the ice cream then smoosh the other 1/2 ontop & smooth out the ice cream.
- Once you get the ice cream smoothed out, shake some of the sprinkles around all of the edges. (I tried "rolling" the sandwich in the sprinkles and it just didn't work very well, there was more melted ice cream in the dish than I wanted).
- After you're done with each individual sandwich, wrap in cling wrap then in foil and add to a dish that will hold up in the freezer. Let sit in a freezer for at least 2 hours so that the ice cream can freeze again. - Enjoy
Serving Size1 Sandwich
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Unsaturated Fat 0g