I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.
This post may also contain links through various affiliate programs such as Amazon, which means I earn from qualifying purchases.
There were some pretty iconic lines from Home Alone that everyone knows just how to say them at the right time and just the right way!
I remember watching Home Alone when it first came out on VHS. – Don't knock me, I'm old, I know this! It quickly became a family favorite that we watched every Christmas.
Sometimes, my brother would even sneak to watch it throughout the year.
Even as a teen, it boggles my mind how parents could “forget” a child at home while they flew across the world for the holidays. I know they “counted heads” and yadda yadda, but they couldn't tell when they were handing out everyone's tickets, that there was a ticket missing and a child?
THEN they do it a second time! #ParentsOfTheYear those two are aren't they?
Anyway, all seriousness aside, the movies are absolutely hilarious. If you've never watched them, make sure you check them out! They will have you in stitches! Of course, you could always add them to your Christmas List in hopes for an early present this year.
16 Iconic Lines from Home Alone 1 and 2
Iconic Lines from Home Alone Home Alone 1
- “Guys, I'm eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!”
I mean what kid isn't happy that they get to eat all of the junk food and no one can stop them? I know I would be at 8 yrs old!
- “Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.”
At 8 yrs old, Kevin understood the joy of grocery shopping on a budget, maybe I need to have Kevin talk to my oldest son about budgeting. He could stand to learn a few things about money saving.
- “Buzz, your girlfriend… WOOF.”
Every kid who had an older sibling loved to rag on their significant others for one thing or another. Kevin does it in the most age appropriate way.
- “This is my house, I have to defend it.”
When it comes down to it, Kevin realizes that he misses his family and has to keep the home safe, also, he needs to keep himself safe.
- “You’re what the French call les incompetents.”
This quote always made me laugh. Her face is so “serious” but she just has no clue how this line is going to bite them all in the butts the next day.
- “Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association?”
Only ADA approved toothbrushes allowed in this home!
- “Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back.”
After being without his family for several days, he realizes that he didn’t mean what he said about wishing he’d never see them again. I teared up, if you didn’t, do you even have a soul?
- “Keep the change, ya filthy animal!”
Ahhh the most iconic line from the entire movie.
Iconic Lines from Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
- “If you won't use your heart, who cares if it gets broken? If you just keep it to yourself, maybe it'll be like my rollerblades. When you do decide to try it, it won't be any good. You should take a chance. Got nothing to lose.”
This is a long one, but it's so true.
- “Don't you know a kid always wins against two idiots?”
They may now. Or not, I mean they are idiots after all.
- “Fourteen. It's a good thing I have my own ticket just in case you guys try to ditch me.”
AGAIN! Hmmm Who would have thunk it? He did try to not get left behind again. We see how well that worked out.
- “Okay, everybody, calm down! Calm down! Hey, hey! All right, now, if Kevin hadn't have screwed up in the first place again… Then we wouldn't be in this most perfect and huge hotel room with a truck load of all this free stuff. So I think it only fair that Kevin get to open up the first present. And then I'll go, and the rest of you, and so on.”
I mean Buzz isn't wrong? Except that Kevin isn't the one who messed up again!
- “Remember, if this makes the papers, we're no longer the Wet Bandits, we're the Sticky Bandits!”
Wet or Sticky, you're still bandits and you're in lots of trouble! Have fun over the holiday break sitting in jail.
- “Yeah but this time he doesn't have a house full of dangerous goodies to get us with. He's in the park. He's alone. Kids are scared of the park.”
Let me introduce you to my buddy, Kevin, who is most definitely not scared of the park. Scared of the dark, maybe, but definitely not scared of the park.
- “Could I just see my mother? I'll never want another thing as long as I live if I can just see my mother.”
Again, why did the director have to put this line in. I'm crying here. Mostly it's because I would literally give anything to see my mother again.
- “Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal.”
First movie had “Keep the change, ya filthy animal.” now we finish with “Merry Christmas, ya Filthy Animal.”
You can read other iconic lines from Home Alone over on IMDb.
One of my favorite iconic lines from Home Alone is of course “Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal” which is why I just had to get an Ugly Christmas Sweater with the saying on it.
I'll be able to get cuddled up on the couch and watch the movies while listening for all of my favorite iconic lines. While the sweater is a bit bigger (I did size up because sizes range so much anymore) I'll be able to layer it with a tank top or even a turtle neck (are those still a thing?) and it won't be glued to me.
The quality of the sweater is awesome. Very thick, soft, and perfect to long wears. It's not made of material that will scratch or itch you so you won't have to have something on under it if you don't want.
The leggings aren't for me, so I didn't try them on, but they are silky and soft. Really good quality, though. They are perfect for a Home Alone marathon or heading to an Ugly Christmas Sweater party!
Description from the website: If you’ve got a wicked sense of humor and always find yourself laughing at that scene in the movie Home Alone where Kevin tricks Marv, the Wet Bandit into thinking that someone’s just been killed inside the McAllister house, then having this officially-licensed Home Alone movie ugly Christmas sweater might be right up your alley.
Wearing this Women’s Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal Snowflake and Reindeer Ugly Christmas sweater is perfect for paying homage to the classic Christmas movie Home Alone while giving all your friends the thought: “Where have I heard that before?”