We know that Alexa is the Top Girl these days!
You would think, as much as I order from Amazon, I would have one already! It's not that we “NEED” Alexa… but I really want one. Unfortunately, my husband said no. So until I can convince him otherwise, I guess I'm going to live vicariously through all of my readers and friends who have that gorgeously voiced lady giving them the weather, their music, and ordering them their Almond Flour!
If you haven't heard of an Amazon Echo or Dot or that beautiful voice, you need to.. like now!
Let me tell you a little bit about Amazon Echo!
- Echo (2nd Gen) has a new speaker, new design, and is available in a range of styles including fabrics and wood veneers. Echo connects to Alexa to play music, make calls, set music alarms and timers, ask questions, control smart home devices, and more—instantly.
- Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms. Echo can also play Audible audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
- Call or message almost anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- New speaker, now with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. Echo can fill the room with 360° omnidirectional audio.
- With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
I think we're the only home in America that doesn't have an Amazon Echo or Dot.
How would you like to win an Amazon Echo?
With the introduction of the Amazon Echo's Alexa Skill Blueprints, we will be giving an Echo away to one lucky reader.
Millions of customers use Alexa’s many skills every day to make their lives a little easier and a lot more fun. Now with Skill Blueprints, you can make your own skills and truly personalize Alexa for your home and family. After set up, simply say commands such as, “Alexa, let’s play a game”; “Alexa, help me relax”; “Alexa, help me get started with skills”.
Now – in addition to the skills already available in the skill store – you can personalize your Echo by making your own skills in minutes, no coding required. You can use Skill Blueprints to delight a birthday girl or boy with a party quiz customized just for her/him, inject fun into household tasks with a voice-only chore chart, and even remember the stuff you don’t have time to like the Wi-Fi password and spare key location. There is no limit to the number of skills you can create, and new Skill Blueprints will be added often. Visit blueprints.amazon.com to get started.
So what is the Amazon Echo?
Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, ask questions, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, news, sports scores, weather and more – instantly. All you have to do is ask.
And now is your chance to win your very own. One winner will be chosen via PromoSimple and will have 48hrs to respond to the winning email. Failure to do so will mean forfeiting your prize and a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!