This post may contain links through various affiliate programs such as Amazon, which means I may receive a commission from any links you may click on and make a purchase from.
We all dream of waking up, heading to the window, and opening the curtains to a lovely beautiful and luscious green yard. There aren’t many things as beautiful or rewarding as cultivating a luscious green garden space. Sadly, this remains a dream for most of us. It’s hard to enjoy a green garden as one requires loads of maintenance. You simply don’t have enough time to keep on top of all the gardening tasks, and your beautiful green area becomes an overgrown forest.
Well, not anymore!
3 Tricks For A Beautiful Green Yard & Garden
Today’s post will deliver a few actionable tips and tricks to help you enjoy the wonders of a green yard without the maintenance. Check them out down below:
Plant some artificial grass
Do you want a lovely green yard without all the additional maintenance? Artificial grass is definitely an option that you may want to look into. You can have a gorgeous garden with natural-looking grass that doesn’t need to be cut every week and is free from weeds or other foreign growths.
A common misconception is that artificial lawns are very expensive. Realistically, cheap artificial grass is widely available and easy to get your hands on. Once you’ve got over the initial installation process, there’s nothing else for you to worry about, and you’ll have a stunning lawn all-year-round.
Plant low-maintenance plants
Another simple idea is to only plant things in your garden that is easy to maintain. It’s not hard to find a list of low-maintenance perennials online that show you the best selections out there. Now, you can add some greenery and color around your garden without having to be out on your hands and knees every day.
Also, it’s a good idea to not be diverse with your garden plants. The fewer varieties there are, the easier your garden is to maintain. If you do want diversity, then think about bringing the garden vibes inside with some house plants.
Make use of technology
Last but not least, take advantage of the great gardening technology at your disposal. Why spend ages outside watering all of your plants when you can use an automatic sprinkler to do it for you? This sounds so simple – and that’s because it is! You’ve instantly got rid of yet another maintenance task.
While the sprinkler is watering your garden, you’re free to focus on other things around the house. Or, you could let the technology handle some gardening tasks while you take over ones that technology can’t help you with. Either way, your maintenance routine becomes far easier to manage as you’re cutting it in half.
Another way to automate keeping your beautiful green yard is by having an automower system installed.
What are the benefits of having an AutoMower?
- Clips rather than cuts. Fine clippings fertilize naturally. Smart working time based on grass growth rate.
- Blades stop immediately if the unit is lifted. Gently moves around the yard. Non-fixed blades.
- Smartphone-viewable GPS. PIN code activation. Anti-theft alarm (this thing is loud. Todd had me test it… OMG I was like I do NOT want that thing going off at 2 am)
- Far quieter than traditional mowers. Won’t disturb the neighbors (My neighbors always come over when it's running and ask if it's actually doing something because they can't hear it). Can be set to run at night
- Works in wet and rainy conditions. Returns to the station as needed. Weather-resistant. (It is advisable to make it stay in it's home if there are heavy rains for long periods of time.)
- Total convenience. Works with smart home technology such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT applets to keep a green yard.
Contrary to what you initially thought, it’s easy to enjoy a green yard without excessive maintenance. I love these tips as they let you have the best of both worlds. I’ve seen plenty of low-maintenance gardens that lack any greenery or life whatsoever.
Likewise, I’ve been in awe of how beautiful someone’s garden is, only to almost faint when I hear how much work goes into maintaining it. Here, you can enjoy some splashes of greenery and life, but without all the elbow grease.