Some of the links in the post below are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers.
Quick and easy are my favorite type of meals, mostly because I grew up having them almost every night.
We were always so busy with school, sports, extra curricular activities that we ate a lot of quick and easy meals. My parents knew how to cook some pretty awesome meals, but when you have a dad who works 3rd shift and a mom who works 2 jobs, quick & easy meals are pretty much all you eat Monday through Friday.
So quick & easy meals are still kinda my jam.
We've been trying to be a little more healthy lately, but every now and again, we enjoy a little carb splurge. We bring you two delicious pasta recipes that you can easily swap out normal rotini noodles with and use the Barilla Chickpea Rotini in it's place.
We are all seeking healthier options for ourselves and our families. There are so many “healthy” options available today, it’s difficult to know which products to try. And if you’ve tried a few of the healthier alternatives out there – chances are you’ve been let down by the texture or additional ingredients that we can't even pronounce. Luckily, the Barilla Chickpea Rotini is literally made with only one ingredient, Chickpea flour. That's it.
Additionally, it provides other nutritional benefits, such as:
- Plant-Based Protein
- Fiber Rich
- Gluten Free
- Non-GMO Certified
- Grain Free
One of my favorite meals growing up was Spaghetti Rotini
You really can't go wrong with this. You seriously have all of the makings of spaghetti and just mix it all together. It's very similar to like a goulash.
Quick & Easy Spaghetti Rotini
- 1 1/2 lbs Bulk Sausage optional
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 1 Medium Green Pepper diced
- 2 Cans Herb & Garlic Diced Tomatoes undrained, set one can aside
- 1 Can Plain Diced Tomatoes undrained
- 1 can (6oz) Tomato Paste
- 1 can (8oz) Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 16 oz Vegetable Stock
- 2 boxes Barilla Chickpea Rotini
- Brown Sausage in a Cast Iron Dutch Oven Pot over med-high heat. After Sausage is browned, add onion & peppers. Cook until onions are translucent & peppers are soft but firm.
- While sausage, onions and peppers are cooking, add 1 can of the herb & garlic diced tomatoes and 1 can of the plain diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and seasonings into a blender and puree until there are no chunks at all.
- Add tomato mixture along with the remaining herb & garlic diced tomatoes along with the vegetable stock & Barilla Chickpea Rotini into the pot, mix, cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until noodles are fully cooked and the stock has thickened.
- Serve with your favorite shredded cheese on top.
Now I know what you're thinking, she said 2 meals, that was only one. Yes, I have 2, I promise!
Tuna Casserole was something my mom made probably every other month. She made it so good too and in HUGE batches. Unfortunately, my family doesn't really like casseroles so it's not one that I make a lot.
Easy & Quick Tuna Casserole
- Preheat Oven for 400 degrees F.
- Pour Rotini into a greased casserole dish
- Drain Tuna, mix tuna, veggies, cream of mushroom & celery, milk, seasonings together.
- Cover and place in oven for 30 mins
- Remove from oven, uncover and spread shredded cheese over the top, leave uncovered and put back into oven for 10-15 mins, or until cheese is browned.